06 February 2016

Windows 10 Uninstall Radeon RamDisk 4.0

As I was optimizing my laptop, because it was running slow, I noticed that my RamDisk was not being loaded. So I went to uninstall it, but it would error out telling me that my version of Windows was not supported. However, I wasn't trying to use it, I just wanted to remove it!

After some googling, I found this pdf that describes how to bypass this error to unistall it.

The instructions involve deleting 2 registry folders, contained in:
  • DON'T DELETE THE BELOW FOLDERS THEMSELVES
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products
  • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products
The folders you want to delete will be a long alpha-numeric folder that contains a key with 'Radeon Ramdisk' as a value (InstallProperties\DisplayName and ProductName respectively). After deleting these 2 folder, you should be able to uninstall Radeon Ramdisk 4.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment