08 June 2013

Root and ROM LG Spectrum VS920ZV8


Since, I became tired of waiting on Verizon and LG to issue Jelly Bean for my Spectrum, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

Here is the series of steps that I followed.

Backed up my device before rooting:


 Rooted and installed CWM using this:
  • AndroidForums
  • Followed the above instructions to root and install CWM
  • Used google play to download and install ROM Manager by CLOCKWORKMOD
  • Used ROM Manager to install CWM 6.0.1.1 (not touch!) using Recovery Setup Option

Created a nandroid Backup:
  •  Used ROM Manager

 Downloaded my ROM and Google Apps:

Installed them:
  • Rebooted into Recovery
  • Wiped Data and Cache (factory reset)
  • Installed from SD Card (CM 10.1)
  • Installed from SD Card (Gapps)
  • Rebooted

Everything seems to be working great, but have yet to try bluetooth.

6/12/2013 Update: Bluetooth works!


No comments:

Post a Comment