So I created a slipstreamed XP SP3 CD using Autostreamer and then followed these simple steps:
- Place the CD in your CD Drive.
- Reboot or Turn on your PC.
- Press a key when prompted to boot from CD.
- Press ENTER to setup windows. You DO NOT want to use the Recovery Console.
- Accept the License and have setup search for existing installs.
- Select the windows installation directory (normally C:\WINDOWS).
- Hit 'R' to repair this installation. If this option does NOT appear Exit Setup immediately!
- This will require you to type in your Windows CD Key, so make sure you have it ready before you begin.
- Always backup your data before proceeding!