Enable Core17 beta units. Add the two following gpu extra slot options:
- Name: client-type
- Value: beta
- Name: extra-core-args
- Value: -gpu-vendor=ati
I found out about the options on this forum post: http://www.overclock.net/t/1367557/core-17-beta-wu
This took my HD7850 from 6-7k PPD to 12-13k PPD!
This is using the 12.8 drivers. I am letting it stabilize before trying 13.3 Beta drivers, because I had problems folding on 13.1 drivers. I will update this post when I try the new drivers.
4/20/2013 Update: I installed the 13.3 Beta 3 drivers (including the new APP SDK) and my cpu usage went from ~25% to ~2%. I am also seeing about a 40 second reduction in TPF resulting in about 3k more PPD. I have also seen some Bad work units that lower my PPD.
5/3/2013 Update: Folding has put the beta units back into a closed beta and I am only seeing Core16 units. So to maximize my PPD, I have gone back to 12.8 drivers and AMD APP SDK 2.7.
- Disable Folding and make sure it does not restart automatically on reboot
- Download 64bit DRIVERS or 32bit DRIVERS
- Download APP SDK 2.7
- Uninstall all AMD software/drivers using control panel
- Use Driver Fusion to remove all remnants of the AMD drivers
- Install drivers using custom install and uncheck AMD APP SDK runtime
- Install AMD APP SDK
- Restart Folding
6/14/2013 Update: With the release of the 8900 work units, I have moved to the 13.4 drivers and am now getting 28-30K PPD now.